Sunday, June 6, 2010

Peace in Prayer


It's been over a week since I've written, so here I sit to write, at night. This weekend was again a trigger for my heart to be open to praying a lot more than I have been lately. The power we find in prayer is amazing...being able to talk to God in our heart with our mind and soul, and without even opening our mouth! Prayer is amazing...

Peace in Prayer

I can’t even fathom the power of prayer.
I pray knowing Jesus is standing there.
He’s listening, and taking each fleeting thought
And filling in words, which my mind would have fought.
Giving them over to God for my plea,
Petitioning each request for me.
Tears fill my eyes, when I think of His plight,
How He gave up His life, His strength and might.
He cleared our sins, our grossness and shame,
So that we can be cleansed by His wonderful name.
By asking, believing, going to Him in prayer,
Knowing He rose again, there is power there!
Trust, have faith and obey His word
And pray, knowing even what’s not said is heard.
He cares for us, and answers our prayers,
And provides for our needs, with mercy He shares.
Peace comes from prayer, so moving and true,
Pray with Him and He will come closer to you.

Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment