Friday, May 21, 2010

Cheese makes my world go 'round


I don't know about you, but I LOVE cheese. I like to open the fridge and choose a flavor or kind (we usually have at least 3) and take a slice of heaven! Ok, maybe my love of cheese is a little over the top, but c'mon people...they had to have had cheese since the beginning of time...and it just gets better with age! Cheese accentuates almost every meal (no, not every single one). If I lived on a cheese farm...I'd probably weigh 1,000 pounds by now...so moderation is key. Love it!

Ummm...the cheese....

I have this cleaving desire for cheese,
it's not bound by flavors or potencies.
Cheese holds an atmosphere above other food
with various flavors and brands for your mood.
Sometimes a mild, smooth and mellow brie,
to eat on a weekend to make your mouth free.
A muenster or mozzarella, to soothe you at night
with a warm, sliced baguette, cut thin and just right.
My dreams of cheese put my mind at rest
knowing there are more cheeses yet to taste test!
If stuck on an island, I'd have to have cheese,
or my taste buds would suffer some awful disease. -Hee!
I'm just a cheese lover who put it in words,
I'll enjoy any form, sliced, spread, cubes, or in curds!
Just give me a creamy, dreamy bite of the stuff,
but wait...just one bite is not ever enough.

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmm.... that's why I wrote a book about it! Goat cheese, muenster, gruyere, pecorino...

    ReplyDelete